Soulver helps you do quick calculations and work things out. It’s quicker to use than a spreadsheet, and smarter and clearer than a traditional calculator. Just type out your problems as you would on paper, and Soulver calculates your answer as you type. You can do calculations over multiple lines, and use words alongside your numbers so they make sense.
Soulver is great for adding things up, easily doing percentages, and converting things, like currencies. Use it to play around with numbers, do “back of the envelope” quick calculations, and solve day-to-day problems.
- See all your calculations all the time, and go back and change any of them.
- Use words amid your calculations so your numbers make sense
- Easily do percentages (“$100 – 10%”, “30 as a % of 200″)
- See a running total of all your lines
- Do easy conversions (“10 USD in Euros, “25 meters in feet”)
- Do calculations with stocks (“100 AAPL”)
- Connect your lines together using answer tokens.
- Create variables to hold frequently used numbers
- All the standard mathematical functions
- Support for calculations in binary and hex
- Save and export your work.
- Tons of improvements to Soulver's engine, resulting in more useful answers in a number of cases.
- Soulver is now optimised for the Retina Display
- Temperature units (Celsius, Fahrenheit, and Kelvin)
- Electricity units (volt, amp, ohm)
- Choose your desired measurement system (metric, imperial or US customary)
- Choose the base for computer storage units (i.e., whether 1 GB is 1000 MB or 1024 MB)
- Global variables (in the Numbers window) can now be given a unit or percentage.
- Added autocomplete for variables and stocks (use Option-Escape as in all standard OS X text fields).
- The total is now unit sensitive
- Added undo support to changes in the Numbers window
- Added the standard text substitutions and transformation menus
Intel, OS X 10.6 or later