Parallels Desktop is simply the world’s bestselling, top-rated, and most trusted solution for running Windows applications on your Mac. With Parallels Desktop for Mac, you can seamlessly run both Windows and Mac OS X applications side-by-side without rebooting. Drag-and-drop files between Windows and Mac applications, launch Windows applications from your Mac dock, and do much more with speed, control and confidence.
Seamless Simplicity Use Run Windows programs like they were native to your Mac. Setting up Parallels Desktop for Mac is simple and quick. Enjoy the best of both worlds – Windows and Mac OS X – on one seamless desktop.
Performance and Personalization Experience as much or as little Windows as you want. Multiple view modes make it possible for you to customize the level of integration between Mac and Windows without compromising performance.
- Addresses issues related to upgrading Windows virtual machines to Windows 8.
Version 8.0.18305:Windows 8 support
- Support for Windows 8 one finger swipe gesture to display the application menu, list of running applications, and Charm Bar.
- Easily launch Windows 8 applications from the shared applications folder in the Dock.
- Full speed support for USB 3.0 devices.
- Protect Windows 8 from viruses with Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 that can be downloaded from Parallels Desktop.
- Easily access your OS X applications from the Windows 8 Start Screen.
- Windows 8 system notifications are displayed as Mountain Lion notifications.
- Fixed visual artifacts when launching Windows 8 applications.
- Launch Windows 8 applications on small displays from the Parallels icon when Windows 8 is in Coherence.
- Improved visual process of switching Windows to Coherence.
- You can now assign up to 16 GB of memory (RAM) to a single virtual machine.
- Support for Windows Server 2012.
- New, more intuitive design to optimize Windows for working on Retina displays.
- Easily check the reclaiming disk space progress with a new progress bar.
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- 64-bit processor
- 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended to run Windows 7)
- At least 700 MB of space available on the boot volume for Parallels Desktop installation
- 15 GB of available disk space for Windows.
The script will create a 14 day trial serial for you to use with Parallels Desktop 8. You will need to allow Parallels Desktop 8 and PD8Trial full internet access.
Parallels Desktop 8 requires internet verification of serials or any serial is automatically 14 day trial limited!