Kaleidoscope spots differences in text and image files.
- Single window workflow: One tab per comparison
- Compare two+ files: Add any number of files per tab
- Always up to date: Auto-refreshes when files change
- File Shelf: Quickly go from file to file
- Path Bar: See where your files are
- Keyboard shortcuts: Every action has a shortcut
- Text Scope
- Supports any text file: Plain text, source code, HTML, etc.
- Clear comparisons
- Three layouts: Blocks, Fluid & Unified
- Compare documents: Imports text from .doc and .rtf files
- Instant search
- Change Stepper: Quickly jump from change to change
- Highlights: Added, deleted and changed text
- Image Scope
- All popular image file formats: JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD and more.
- Four connected layouts: Two-Up, One-Up, Split & Difference
- Comprehensive image support: RGB/CMYK/LAB, alpha, any size.
- Multi-touch support: Smooth scrolling and pinch to zoom
- Customizable environment: Change background color, difference mask and checkerboard settings
- Two difference mask modes: Spot absolute or relative changes
- Git, Mercurial, SVN & Bazaar: Integrate with a couple of clicks
- TextMate SVN
- ksdiff Command-line tool: Integrate with practically anything
- Added support for merging text documents using a Two-Way interface in Text Scope.
- Added version control integration for merging and resolving conflicts using a Three-Way interface in Text Scope.
- Folder Scope - now you can spot the differences between folders and copy files and folders between them. Double click any row to open a new comparison and look at any pair of files or folders more closely.
- Kaleidoscope Snippets and Services
- You can now drag text and images directly into the Kaleidoscope window, or the Kaleidoscope dock icon, to create Snippets. This lets you quickly compare content without having to save and name files. Try dragging images or text directly from Safari or an email message!
- Kaleidoscope now includes OS X System Services to make you more productive. They are enabled by default, but you can manually turn them On or Off in the Keyboard section of System Preferences. You can also set global keyboard shortcuts for them in the Keyboard pane of System Preferences if you want to get to these even faster.
- Open in Kaleidoscope: Right click on any files or folders in Finder, and compare them in a single Kaleidoscope tab. This is the easiest way to compare folders!
- Text and Image Compare: Right click on text or images and send them directly to Kaleidoscope as Snippets. Try this by selecting and right clicking on any text in TextEdit, then select "Compare Text in Kaleidoscope" from the Services menu.
- Clipboard Support
- You can use the new "Edit -> Paste as File" and "File -> New from Clipboard" menu items to compare directly from the Clipboard. This works similarly to the drag and drop Snippets functionality. Use this to quickly create a new comparison document or to add existing text or images to an open document.
- Kaleidoscope now supports resolving merge conflicts for images.
- Added support for Full Screen on Lion and Mountain Lion.
- Full support for Macs with Retina displays.
- Substantially updated and modernized user interface.
- Added support for sending arbitrary changesets and partial changsets with ksdiff.
- Added support for arbitrary merges and diffs using ksdiff.
- Integration with third-party tools now requires installation of the ksdiff command-line tool from the Integration window. You can find the Integration window by selecting "Integration" from the "Kaleidoscope" menu.
- Stability improvements and bug fixes to ksdiff.
- General bug fixes and stability improvements.
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7.3 or later