Airfoil allows you to send any audio to AirPort Express units, Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs, all in sync! It’s your audio – everywhere.
With Airfoil you can take audio from any application and send to your AirPort Express units, as well as Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs running Airfoil Speakers! Transmit audio from RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and other media players. Send audio from web-based applications like Pandora, Last.fm, and other to the AirPort Express. You can even stream audio from audio devices like RadioSHARK, XM and Sirius radios, around your house.
- Airfoil now has full support for third-party AirPlay devices.
- Airfoil Speakers can now remotely control playback in several new sources, including Spotify, Rdio, and Radium.
- Airfoil Speakers now has support for receiving audio from iTunes and iOS applications, via the AirPlay protocol.
- Airfoil Speakers can now also receive audio from Radium on Mac OS X.
- Volume sliders can now be adjusted using the mouse scroll wheel as well as the trackpad’s two-finger scrolling.
- Airfoil Speakers menubar icon has been updated.
- When Airfoil automatically transmits at app launch, application sources will be launched in the foreground for immediate use.
- When Instant On is not installed, Airfoil now immediately knows it must relaunch an already-open application.
- When album art is not available from Airfoil, Airfoil Speakers now shows a screenshot on the remote machine’s icon.
- Airfoil Video Player’s capture of fullscreen Flash content has been improved for enhanced reliability.
- Airfoil Video Player now opts out of ClickToFlash.
- AppleScript support for RadioShark tuning has been improved, fixing a potential crash.
- A severe memory leak on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) has been fixed.
- An Airfoil crash on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) when attempting to prevent idle sleep during playback has been fixed.
- An Airfoil Speakers crash on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) when attempting to prevent idle sleep during playback has been fixed.
- Remote control and track title applescripts will now be loaded from the Application Support folder, in addition to the Airfoil app bundle.
- When relaunching Safari, Airfoil no longer incorrectly causes a second blank window to open.
- Fixed a rare issue with runaway CPU usage when the source application frequently spawned command-line-tool subprocesses
- A rare bug which could cause Airfoil to incorrectly appear as available to Airfoil Speakers even when it was no longer open has been fixed.
- Airfoil Speakers must now be unlocked with an Airfoil license (this will happen automatically when receiving audio from an unlocked copy of Airfoil).
- Airfoil Video Player’s UI has been tightened up in minor ways.
- All debuggers now use On/Off instead of multiple levels.